REACH knowledge base – Candidate List
Candidate List of SVHC substances
Most important information on the candidate list and on the SVHC materials in accordance with Article 59 (10) of the REACH Regulation.
Meaning of the SVHC acronym:
SVHC – substances of very high concern for Authorisation
SVHC substances are
- Substances meeting the criteria for classification in the hazard classes of carcinogenicity, germ cell mutagenicity or reproductive toxicity category 1A or 1B.
- Substances which are persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic or very persistent and very bioaccumulative in accordance with the criteria set out in Annex XIII.
- Substances identified on a case-by-case basis which give rise to an equivalent level of concern to CMR or PBT / vPvB substances.
Download candidate list
Only the candidate list published on the ECHA website is considered as authentic.
The identification procedure of the SVHC substances
The identification procedure includes a 45-day public consultation.
If a substance is identified as an SVHC, it will be included to the Canditate List.
Supplier obligations regarding substances on the candidate list
- to provide safety data sheet
- to provide information about safe use
- information providing obligation (within 45 days) upon consumer request
- reporting obligation to ECHA if the manufactured/imported article contains more than 0.1 w% of SVHC substancel and the manufacturing/import volume exceeds 1 tonne/year