2012: The new format for safety data sheets
The formal changes of safety data sheet based on Annex I of Regulation 453/2010/EU:
The new safety data sheets based on Annex I of the new Regulation 453/2010/EU contains 16 Sections as previously.
The denomination and the order of the Section remain the same.
- The labeling elements: from Section 15 to Section 2.
- It is not enough to provide the DSD classification of the components in Section 3, it has to be amended with the CLP classification of the components.
- The full text of H statements which can be found in the MSDS have to be indicated in Section 16.
- The number of subsections and also the extent of the MSDS have been increased.
The changes in content of safety data sheet based on Annex I of Regulation 453/2010/EU:
The content of the safety data sheets has been changed based on Annex I of the new Regulation 453/2010/EU. Apart from the structural changes, the following changes have to be observed:
- On 1 December 2010 the obligatory classification of several substances has been changed. Since the classification of the mixtures mainly dependent on the classification of the components, such changes may affect the classification of the mixtures as well.
- Examples for the changed classification: Nickel, maleic acid, benzoyl chloride, nitriloacetic acid trisodium salt, etc.
- During the registration process (finished at 1 December 2010) lot of new infomation accumulated at the manufacturer companies and such information is usually indicated on the updated safety data sheets.